My Photo
Name:

Posts direct from Tanzania during my 6 month study here.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Nilimaliza

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to say a quick hello and send out a final email. Sorry but I only have 12 minutes left on my account for today so it will have to be quick!

I leave Tanzania to head to Namibia in two days. I leave for the airport at 7 am on Monday and I should be in Namibia chilling with Miller by 5 pm!

Things have been CRAZY lately. I guess that is what happens when you are preparing to leave a country after five months and you have finals and you maybe procrastinated your 15 page research paper till the last 1.5 weeks :) oops!

Things have been great though. Last night we had our final dance performance. It was fun because Rutta came and most of the LCCT group was in the performace. Anna and I also got our hair braided that morning in Mwenge. It took about 1.5 hours and sometimes it hurt :) but it only cost about 2 US dollars and we looked African for awhile! My hair is still braided but it is getting puffy :)so I might have to attempt to take the tiny braids out tonight or tomorrow before leaving..it might be a challenge but I have pictures don't worry :)

I can't wait to see everyone but I am also getting really sad to leave. I will miss Rutta and Lugano my roomie alot and the other LCCT students who I won't see till February. Well besides Amy who will be my Luther roomie now!

Otherwise I have just been busy trying to make up 15 pages of research about anorexia in TZ even though no one knows anything about it :) And packing and hanging out with people and dancing in my braids and grass skirt!

I think Miller and I will be getting to the US on the 19th of December :) that is if he can sneak me across South Africa :) It should be an adventure!

Otherwise everything has been great and I have lots of pictures and stories to tell when I get back! And we have had water now :) I know that is AMAZING!!!!! It has been so hot here that even the Tanzanians have been complaining..yeah that is SUPER HOT! I think all of us Americans are now the darkest we have ever been in our lives, but we can't tell because we still look super white compared to everyone else and we have seen each other everyday for the past 5 months so we can't notice the change but we think its there! Okay I have six minutes left :( but lets see...nothing else new...just meeting lots of people and having fun. Tomorrow the rest of my group leaves so that should be a crazy day and then I leave! EEEKK :) But I love you all lots and lots and I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks!! See you and talk to you guys again in AMERICA :)well besides Miller..I will see and talk to you in TWO days :)

Love
amanda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home